Record year for PACCAR – Strong American truck market generates higher profit
‘PACCAR has reported record annual sales of USD 18.99 billion and a net profit of USD 1.36 billion for 2014. PACCAR has achieved its second best annual net profit in the company’s history,’ says CEO Ron Armstrong.
‘PACCAR’s financial results reflect the company’s leading products and services, the increased truck deliveries in North America and a greater share of the aftermarket as well as PACCAR Financial Services. I’m very proud of our 23,300 employees, who have performed outstandingly well for our shareholders and customers.
‘PACCAR’s excellent results and strong cash flow have enabled the company to invest in product development, in more aftermarket distribution centres and in improvements to its production facilities,’ Armstrong adds. ‘PACCAR’s North American customers benefit from strong economic growth, record freight tonnage, lower fuel prices and the low fuel consumption of Kenworth and Peterbilt.’
Record sales and higher net profit
PACCAR has achieved record annual sales of USD 18.99 billion in 2014 compared with USD 17.12 billion in 2013. PACCAR reported a net profit of USD 1.36 billion in 2014 – an increase of 16% compared with USD 1.17 billion the year before.
- PACCAR delivered 142,900 vehicles worldwide.
- Peterbilt celebrated its 75th anniversary and Kenworth delivered its millionth truck.
- DAF’s cab factory in Westerlo, Belgium produced its millionth DAF cab.
- PACCAR Parts opened a new Parts Distribution Center (PDC) in Montreal, Canada and celebrated the 20th anniversary of the spare parts programme: TRP.
- PACCAR’s engine factory in Columbus, Mississippi and Peterbilt’s truck factory in Denton, Texas were awarded the Frost & Sullivan Manufacturing Leadership Award.
- Kenworth’s T880 truck, equipped with the PACCAR MX-13 engine, was named 2015 Truck of the Year by American Truck Dealers.
- DAF were named Manufacturer of the Year in the UK by GreenFleet Magazine.
- PACCAR was recognised as a technological leader in InformationWeek magazine’s 2014 Elite 100 Companies.
- PACCAR invested USD 438.7 million in capital projects and research and development.
- PACCAR has completed over 26,000 Six Sigma projects since 1997.
The global truck market
In 2014, PACCAR achieved a 27.9% market share in the heavy truck segment in the US and Canada. This is largely thanks to Kenworth’s and Peterbilt’s excellent fuel economy and outstanding vehicle performance.
DAF are the leader in the European tractor unit segment and a market leader in the UK, the Netherlands and Hungary. ‘Our customers recognise DAF’s high quality, low operating costs and superior driver comfort,’ says DAF President Harrie Schippers. DAF’s market share in the 16t+ segment reached 13.8%.
PACCAR delivered 3,600 trucks in South America in 2014, which is an increase of 37% compared with 2013.
Kenworth celebrates its millionth truck
Kenworth produced its millionth truck at its Chillicothe plant in Ohio in November. The truck was a Kenworth T680 Advantage.
DAF improve Transport Efficiency
DAF’s new Transport Efficiency Program has introduced several innovations that improve vehicle performance and contribute to fuel savings of up to 5%. DAF sales director Ron Bonsen says, ‘PACCAR MX-13 and MX-11 engines have incorporated new technologies, including more powerful engine braking, an updated turbocharger, optimised fuel injection and improved software. The innovative Driver Performance Assistant increases fuel economy by providing the driver with detailed feedback on fuel consumption and braking performance. Predictive Cruise Control uses advanced GPS technology to anticipate changes in road conditions, while Predictive Shifting selects the ideal gear.’
Nicolina Ruff, marketing manager, e-mail: nicolina.ruff@Nordictruckcenter.se
Nordic Truckcenter AB
Tel: +46 (0)433-512 402
Mobile: +46(0)70 776 3738
About Nordic Truckcenter AB
Nordic Truckcenter AB is the general agent for DAF Trucks in Sweden. The company has a servicing department with its own independent workshops around the country. The DAF brand is expanding rapidly in Sweden. Together with the truck brands Kenworth and Peterbilt, DAF are part of the American PACCAR Group.